Monday, February 07, 2011

Session One: Week 3

Day 22:  Monday, February 8, 2011:
I've had a busy week and a very good week. I walked after the snowstorm and loved it.  We walk on the trails and the trails aren't plowed so it takes a lot of work to pick up our feet and trudge through the snow. Betsey complained the whole time saying that it was too much like work. It was beautiful (that she admitted). For those who don't know Betsey, she's going to be 85 in a week.  We haven't walked as much as usual (every other day, usually four miles) since my surgery in early November. Mostly because of time conflicts with doctor appointments and the holidays.  I thought maybe Betsey was slowing down from not walking as often.  My friend said, "She's almost 85!!! and she's out there walking a mile or two when the rest of us are doing nothing!!!"  Okay, I can accept that except that when she was 84, she trudged through the snow...without complaining.  I love our walks and talks together. I know she'll change her attitude and will love walking in the snow again.

I saw my doctor on Tuesday and pretty much all my blood tests were in the normal range and all side effects from meds and chemo gone.  My white count was good which is why I'm probably feeling so well. (Thanks to Amgen who produces Neulasta--the company my niece works for.)  Also, it means that my next session will be a 'go'.  (If my counts are down, the therapy is postponed).

I'm all set for my next chemotherapy on Tuesday (tomorrow) at the Karmanos-Crittenton Cancer Center in Rochester, just north of M-59 and east of Crooks.  Cathy and Don will help me do the Cold Caps again.  The word is that by Day 20, the hair is gone.  I'm on Day 22 and have 99% of my hair.  I've had some thinning these past couple of days, but nothing more than a few hairs on the comb or on my hands when I run them through my hair.

We went shopping today and stocked up on supplies.  This time I bought foods with spices and flavor.  I hesitated doing that before my first session because I was told I'd probably prefer bland foods.  I'm planning on feeling the same this session as last.  I enjoyed Mideastern, Italian and Mexican foods...delicious!  The more the flavor, the more enjoyable it was for me.

I've been wanting to get out of doors and shovel.  My doctor who 'installed' my mediport said, "No shoveling or washing windows for six weeks!"  It's because she attached the port to my muscle and the repetitive motion could break it loose. It's not six weeks so I listened to her advice and didn't help Don.  Donny came over for the big storm and used his snowblower to clear the driveway and walkway.  He's a thoughtful kid and always there to help when needed.

I've enjoyed the Master's Class Series (Diane Sawyer, Maya Angelou, Jay-Z and Oprah) on Oprah Winfrey's new OWN network.  Ask Oprah All Stars with Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and Suze Orman were pure entertainment and learning opportunities. Find her station and give it a try. On Comcast it's channel 2 and for High Definition (HD) it's 67.

I hope all is well with all of you.  I know some of you are facing much greater health challenges than I am.  I'm with you surrounding you with prayers, healing energy and love and wanting the very best for you. I know that some of you are facing economic and personal challenges. Remember, they're all temporary. Vision how you would like your life to be; feel the joy, peace, abundance and good health.  See yourself doing what your heart desires.  I believe it will happen. We attract more of what we think and what we feel.  Think thoughts that bring you joy, peace and abundance--and they will be yours.  Laugh, love and enjoy!  
warm regards and lots of love and hugs,  Joey/Josetta


Day 15: Monday, January 31, 2011:
Pure Luxury:
There are a few things that I possess that are pure luxury in my everyday life.  One is a small oscillating ceramic heater that I purchased early this season to use in our bathroom.  I turn it on just before I'm going to shower.  It warms our bathroom so that I don't have to come out of the shower shivering. I love it!

Another is an electric mattress pad that we got for our bed a few years ago after hearing my brother talk about his. I turn it on to preheat about ten minutes before I plan on getting into bed.  I turn it off before getting into my lovely warm bed. Oh, what a true pleasure.  Our thermostat goes to a lower temperature around 11:30.  Because I often stay up longer, by the time I'm ready for bed, the house is cold as well as me being cold.  It's a true delight to warm my feet and body and quickly fall asleep.

I'm feeling great, enjoying eating whatever I desire, having the energy to live life and keeping in touch with friends and family. Thanks for all of your support; it's very effective and helpful to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in to Google or g-mail, please let me know your name by selecting Name/URL in the Comment as field under the comment box. When you select that option, fields will appear for you to enter your name (you can leave the URL field blank). Thanks!