Friday, October 29, 2010

Pre Surgery

Thanks for your prayers, good wishes and concern.  I'm doing well--very well.  I've talked with friends 'who have gone before me' and are doing well.  My Mom had breast cancer when she was 73 (I'm only 69).  She had one of the first lumpectomy's followed by radiation.  She was 90 when she died with no recurrence.  I'm expecting the same. Because I'm having a mastectomy, I most likely won't have radiation.  If my lymph nodes are negative--no chemo either.

I've been surrounded by love since this challenge began; it's done wonders to keep away fear.  So, I've been quite peaceful throughout this whole process.  The cancer was found very early so that's another positive sign.

I have a wonderful surgeon who's kept me informed of every detail of what is, will or could take place.  She's also very supportive.  All the medical people that I've had contact with have been extraordinary--providing hugs, prayers and support as well as great medical care.  It's been an amazing journey.

My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, November 3 at Crittenton Hospital.  Keep me in your prayers, send good wishes/positive energy or whatever you do for those that you care about.

1 comments:

Arlene Wanamaker said...

Josetta, This is my 3rd try at sending my comments....Getting to know you through your interesting blog is inspiring. But wait, I want to inspire you! You are in my prayers and I will be asking that the chemo will eliminate any trouble and restore you to the wonderful healthy person I know. Hugs, ASrlene

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in to Google or g-mail, please let me know your name by selecting Name/URL in the Comment as field under the comment box. When you select that option, fields will appear for you to enter your name (you can leave the URL field blank). Thanks!