Sunday, December 12, 2010

Latest News with a Twist

I'm feeling really great. I'm pretty much back to my "old" self. Back to doing almost everything--even the ironing!!

I saw my surgeon this past week and she was ecstatic about how well I was doing. She said that usually she'd have me coming back at two week intervals a few more times. I won't see her again until June and that's because I'll need to have a mammogram of my other breast. It's amazing how well the reconstruction has gone, too. It's almost all healed. I don't need a second surgery--just a nipple construction and a tattoo of the aureola (probably in February). It's all pretty amazing! I have to keep my arm elevated--too much time on the computer causes uncomfortable swelling.

I thought I was out of the woods and wouldn't have to have chemotherapy...the oncologists are seeing the picture a little differently. My tissue has been sent to California where it will be analyzed to see what my risk of recurrence is and whether my risk can be reduced with chemo. I'll get the results back later this month. So, I'm asking you to be positive, pray and believe that my risk will be very little and no chemo will be necessary. Then, we'll all celebrate in January!!!
 
Cathy's flying out to pick up Sophie in California on Dec. 17. They'll return late on the 18th and then our Christmas celebration will begin. I'm looking forward to having time together with Sophie and having our extended family together on Dec. 19.  Jeff will take Sophie back on Dec. 26.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in to Google or g-mail, please let me know your name by selecting Name/URL in the Comment as field under the comment box. When you select that option, fields will appear for you to enter your name (you can leave the URL field blank). Thanks!